maj 17, 2012

mums....

Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I want to say THANK YOU for all the sweet comments in regards to my cut finger – I have the best readers! I am happy to say that my finger is healing nicely and I am back to cooking.
My daughter turned eight this weekend and when I asked her if she wanted a cake or cupcakes and she told me she wanted chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting made from scratch, not a box mix. I found a great recipe online at The Farm Chicks site. I halved the recipe because I don’t need 24 cupcakes sitting around my house tempting me. It was an extremely simple recipe to make (my daughter did everything). The cupcakes turned out incredibly moist and had a delicious chocolate flavor. The frosting was also very simple for my daughter to make and it too tasted great. The cupcakes were a huge hit with everyone. This will be my new go to recipe for chocolate cupcakes.
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by The Farm Chicks

Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes:
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.

Add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla then beat together with a mixer until combined.
Scrape the sides of the bowl then add the boiling water and mix until just combined. The batter will be very watery so don’t be alarmed. Pour the batter into a measuring cup (it’s so much easier and cleaner than using a spoon) and pour evenly into each liner. Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before frosting.


Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
  • 1/3 cup softened butter
  • 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup milk
Beat the butter in a bowl until creamy; gradually pour in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Once the frosting is well combined, add a few drops of food coloring then beat with the mixer until you reach your desired color.
Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with decorations if desired. Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar